Friday, August 12, 2011

Good Mid-Week Training

Got some good mid-week training in this week.  Usually, I commute into work to add some base mileage, but that's usually flat.  Tuesday, rode into work (leaving my change of clothes in the office), and rode from work to try to meet up with Chris, and do a slow easy pace up OLH.  I mistimed how long it takes to get from the office to Foothill/Page Mill, so I missed them by 5 minutes.  It's probably a good thing, because I heard from Andrew (SuperFred) that it was a 21-22 minute pace up.  I'd be lucky to get a 25 minute climb up there.  I did get a few PR out of it, so that's good.




On Thursday, I sent out feelers for just doing a straight climb up Montebello.  Slonie dubbed it "Montebello Fight Club".  Was hoping to get a good group together ... I did get Andrew and Ben to come along, but where's Slonie?  He's probably still stuck in the office.   Ben had a recent unicycle accident, and he showed up with a cast on his left arm.  Dang, I have enough problems climbing up Montebello with two healthy arms.  And when I looked at his Strava data, it was a mere 40, compared to me suffering at 102.


I got another PR on this ride, even though I was dropped very quickly on this climb (before even reaching Pichetti Winery).  It was all good though.  I even got some video of it .. yeah, I'm the Lanterne Rouge.  At least I didn't get passed by anyone else. Gotta point out the positive aspects of these things whenever you can.




No comments: