This month, I'm doing a Tuesday - Saturday shift, and if feels kind of strange. I've done this for 2 weeks, and I'm starting my third weekend, and it's hard to get used to.
Of course, communications with other departments is strange, as they are expecting you to be there Monday through Friday (and with me, it's the communication with the customer that is different). Tuesday is my normal Monday, and wow ... when I come in on Tuesday, I have a lot of catching up to do. I didn't realize what a big difference it is, but I have to catch up to a full day of email activity ... on a normal M-F schedule, coming in on a Monday, you contend with all the bleed over from Asia, but on Tuesday, it's the whole world. I think I've gotten used to it, but soon, my stint will be over, and will have to re-learn doing M-F again. You just can't win these days.
One thing that sucks is most of the rides are planned on Saturday, so I'll miss all of that. In particular, the LKHC is done on Saturdays, so I missed out on Mix Canyon, Palomares, and Hwy 9 ... :( So Monday is my Sunday. I decide to go jogging up some trails, and since it is not a weekend, I see lots of retired folks, and lots of moms out there. I must have been the only guy out on the trail. I think if there was a guy out there, it must have been some dot com CEO who cashed out, and is a billionaire, who could afford to be out there on a weekday working out.
Well one more week ... ugh, Thanksgiving weekend, and I gotta work on Saturday. Well, at least it will be over and done with, and I don't have to do that schedule for December. That would suck doing that.
No comments:
Post a Comment