This month, I've got an odd schedule. I'm in the office Sunday through Thursday, which means my weekend is Friday and Saturday. No big deal, my Friday is my Saturday, my Saturday is my Sunday, ok? So naturally, I'm going on a ride on Friday ... we got all that clear, right?
For some unknown reason, I just can't get motivated to go on a ride on Friday, like I normally would on a typical Saturday. Sure, I'm doing the ride solo, but lately, I've been doing a lot of rides solo on Saturday, so it shouldn't be such a big deal. But, it is a big deal. I guess I get more motivated knowing there are other cyclists out there, trying to climb the mountain, just like me ... but on Friday, everyone is still working in the office, and it's just quiet out there. This kinda reminds me of the Twilight Zone episode where the librarian gets his wish, and there is no one on the streets at all. Peer torture to him. That's kinda how I feel.
I went ahead and did my latest favorite loop, which is a jaunt down to Los Gatos, doing Kennedy/Shannon loop, then coming back to Saratoga, and climbing Toll Gate Road/Saratoga Summit to Mt. Eden, the steep side. Last Saturday, I did the exact same ride and was really invigorated. Today, a Friday, I do the route, and I was struggling to ride with my mojo. I was even able to get my heartrate up to the 180's, but still, not as fast as last Saturday. I think I just need company on rides. God, I'm a local Bob Roll. Hey, you wanna do a ride?

1 comment:
LOL on "...local Bob Roll." too funny!
Post a Comment