I was originally was going to do Mt. Tam, but once I got off of Caltrain, I saw how nice the weather was, so I decided to absorb the beauty of the city.
This was also an excuse to just be a little lazy, but still get my muscles moving. How could you not sit back and enjoy the beauty of the city on a day like this?
Okay, now to cross the bridge. As I cross the bridge, I was looking out at the Marin Headlands, and thought about doing that, then perhaps doing Mt. Tam. I've never done Marin Headlands, so this would be a good time to do it.
I haven't done much climbing lately, so it'll be interesting to see how my legs react. I found myself working really hard, most likely evidence of not climbing much lately. There were fantastic views to be seen, but I needed to climb this hill first, then enjoy it on the way back.
Destination is the ridge on the left, and it wasn't too bad, but at this time I came to the realization ... I'm way out of shape, not just for a long distance ride, but a ride with any hills. I keep looking back to see what scenery I'm missing ... wow, it is pretty breathtaking.
I finally get up to the top, and after a couple of minutes to get my heart rate down, I'm able to enjoy the scenery. Wow, I've lived here 13 years, and I only enjoy this scenery just now?
I head down the other side, and it's a really steep 18% drop, and I can I see even more spectacular views than what I've already seen so far.
I loop around and just keep riding, thinking I'll eventually run into 101. Clearly I am lost, but I figure eventually someone will pass me. Just as I think that, a few people pass me, then I end up following them. A right turn, then more climbing. Little did I know, I would be climbing back up to a junction that I passed by on my first climb up. As it turns out, I like this route more than the route I was originally thinking of.
After the descent down, I descended into Sausalito, but didn't have it in me to go to Mt. Tam, or even do Tiburon loop. I guess I need to build my miles again. Damn, I hate being out of shape.





2 comments:
Hey good to see you Ron! I know what you mean by being out of shape, seems thats my constant state nowadays. Yep, Headlands is nice, especially since they newly repaved it in most places. That right turn climb is good to train on.
Take care.
Thanks Carl. Yeah, it's a wonder why I haven't done this before. Nice way to get some hill climbing in by doing that loop ... plus the views are fantastic, when it's clear.
Post a Comment