Today, May 10, 2012, was Bike to Work Day in the Bay Area. Not sure what other area is having it today, but I do know in Southern California, and most of the rest of the country has Bike to Work Day next week.
I got a list of all the Energizer Stations on google maps, and mapped out my route to work. I figured, I could hit 4 stations, without doing a wildly out of the ordinary route.
The first one I hit was on San Tomas Expressway and El Camino Real. I may have been a little early (~ 7:30 am), as it seemed like they were just getting started. Well, at least they had bagels ready.
Onto San Tomas Expressway for a couple more miles, to the nVidia Energizer Station. That was a pretty nice layout. Coffee, juice, and a smattering of muffins ... mmm ... nice way to have breakfast. I wish every day was a Bike to Work day.
Onto the bike path, and I suddenly noticed how popular Bike to Work day has become. There were a lot of riders on the bike path. That is something I like to see. I wound up hooking up with a few different riders, and chatted a little bit. That's a lot more than I have chatted on a ride during my normal commute. I eventually caught up with a group of 10, that was doing a really leisure ride into work. That was awesome.
Energizer Station #3 at Sunnyvale Baylands Park. Lot of people passed by here ... they were fortunate, because you get a lot of people riding on the bike path. They had a pretty nice spread, with Hobee's Coffee Cake, banana, and yes, a few muffins.
Onto Caribbean Parkway, onto Yahoo, for my 4th and final energizer station, but heading into the office. This station is kind of out of the way, so I guess it really is geared for the Moffett Park area companies, like Yahoo, Netapp, Juniper, etc . They had a nice spread here, with cold hard-boiled eggs. Ooh ... now my breakfast is complete. That's a real nice way to eat breakfast ... while on a ride! :)
I just love the excitement and enthusiasm for this day. Thank you all the volunteers who stayed at the energizer stations. You all made my commute so enjoyable, and the weather was perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment