Anyhow, I got all sorts of advise and opinions. They all ranged from "it's not the camera", "you gotta have an eye for that", "crop", "post editing, like enhancing the sharpness and saturation", and the last one was good ... "practice practice practice".
Now these are nothing new to me ... I know about all those suggestions ... but the responses were so fast and furious, that I wouldn't dare say that the thread was all tongue 'n cheek, and was not meant to be
serious at all. But I am grateful for all the responses. But one thing I did mention was I was contemplating a digital SLR, not so that it would improve my pictures, but for when I do the Tour of Ca, I have a better camera, with better focal length.I do want to thank Pete and Paula ... Pete replied back he likes my photos that I post, and Paula commented on how she is fond of one particular shot that I took ... of her ... actually, it is Paula who is the real star of this picture. She has no one to thank but herself.

I took heed on the last suggestions, and decided to start taking some shots on my ride home, and practice practice practice. I think part of my problem is my composition ... uh, that kinda requires some creative thinking, and as you all know, I have none of that.
So I took this as I was passing by the Yahoo building. They are situated at a pretty unique corner. They are just down the street from where I work (but boy, are they a pain in the butt customer to have). Yes, this picture could have been better if I was closer, but damn ... this is a busy street, and I can't just walk up closer.
I have no idea what buildings these are. I took this while on my commute home, as I went parallel to Hwy 237. They have this isolated bike trail, which is perfect for me, and getting away from traffic. On my way home, I did bump into an old friend who I haven't seen in awhile, and who I haven't ridden with in a while. It's most likely because she is way
So I think I now have another activity aside from bicycling to occupy my time with. I get so many friends who tell me I need to diversify, and it's always biking this, and biking that ... uh, what's wrong with that? Well, photography is another great hobby to take up, so I think I will investigate this a bit further. Look at some local photo clubs, and check them out. Or am I just going to give that up for bicycling like I normally would? Well, we'll see where it takes me.
2 comments:
I discovered a interesting feature on my camera called "burst mode" where it makes multiple exposures a fraction of a second apart. It's especially good for fast changing subjects like people, sometimes you catch the greatest expressions or gestures.
Composition? I just try to make sure the horizon is level, that's it, Haha
Ron I like your new blog layout, it's fresh and user friendly! I'm always tweaking mine...it's like a big Zit that needs popping...Btw keep up the good photo work too...
Post a Comment