One of the web sites I visit often is geekbrief ... it's a great site, especially for Mac enthusiasts like myself. I am on twitter, and lucky, Cali Lewis, who is the host of that podcast, posted a note on twitter warning us, if we access the site, and you get prompted to download a file, DON'T.
Whew ... I didn't try, but can only imagine what affect it would have on my Mac. So that's another thing we have to worry about ... if you go to a web site, and it immediately asks for you to download a file, DON'T DO IT!!! Just goes to show, Macs aren't immune to viruses.
:(
2 comments:
Yep, even if, a site I'm very familiar with like Paypal, sends me email asking to "verify" my login or something similar, I NEVER do it. If the email sounded legit, I send them a email back asking if the indeed send me the email.
I really believe they should give phishers, virus writers and all such, MUCH stiffer sentences (like a huge fine and long jail time) instead of the slap on the hand they get now.
I am 100% with you there ... some malware is even being flagged as "not-a-virus", which means it will not be treated with high priority on some AV scanners. Very bad!
Post a Comment