Thursday, December 18, 2008

Let it snow let it snow ...


Dang, it's friggin' cold. I was thinking about the Pesky Penguin ride we did a couple of weeks ago. It was nice that the weather was pleasant on that day, but it just wasn't the same. And then, I saw this picture of Mt. Diablo.

That is so friggin' awesome. I read that access up there was denied, so there goes the question of whether or not anyone rode up there. I know that they closed Mt. Hamilton beginning at Quimby. Too bad I don't have a pic of Mt. Hamilton snowcapped ...

I'm still planning on doing my normal Montebello Sunday ride ... but how cold will it be that day? I don't see rain in the forecast. Maybe we'll see something like this:

Dang, that looks cold. I just hope he had full leg warmers when he did this. Marco doesn't even have leg warmers or knee warmers, so during these chilly months, he's out riding in shorts!!!! Dang!!!!




At least if your east coast buddies are ribbin' you on how Californians are weak, and don't know what snow is about, well, you can show them these pictures. Here's another.

This starting to get me thinking ... even if it doesn't rain tonight, I am wondering if I should even think about tonight's night ride. Just the thought of descending down into Canada Road, with the temperature already being 40 F ... it'll probably dip 5-10 degrees more ... chill!!!! And I thought it was chilly last week ... when I got back to my car last week, the temp was 50. Think of how Canada would be with this winter snap we've had.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yesterday it was 39 degs in SF when I left on a 45 miler. As long as I have my windbreaker, it's comfortable and the only thing I have yet to get is full-fingered gloves. Amazingly, I saw guys riding with shorts and short sleeve jerseys. Maybe they only go for a few miles on the flats.

Still yesterday was nowhere as cold as that foggy day descent to Stinson on Panoramic a couple months ago.

Mary Elizabeth (MErider) said...

If it's freezing down here, it HAS to be cold up there! I kind of dig it, actually, but I will admit, riding this weekend is going to be brrrr!

Anonymous said...

One plus is, you don't sweat as much in cold and I can wear the jersey two times without washing it...lol

Ronald Ng said...

Yeah, ME ... it was freezing ... haven't been on my bike in over a week. Was too cold for me to go out for a night ride ... or I'm just a wimp.

Knotty,
Yeah, gross, in a weird sort of way. But it does require me to carry a lot more crap with me.