I'm on-call this weekend, which means no riding time out there ... I was scheduled to be on a customer call at 8 am, and that lasted all the way till 1:30 PM. As soon as I finished the first customer, hung up the phone, then the phone rings again ... Dang, people, it's the holiday season. Go on PTO! It's supposed to be dead for on-call in December ... seems like it's busier.

Ok, so finally get a break, so off to get a quick lunch. Step outside, and brrrrrr ... dang, it's cold out there. Good thing we didn't do Hamilton today, or else get pecked all day by the pesky penguin! It was sooooo cold .... (Audience yells "How cold was it") .... sorry, no punchline there. Anyhow, it was so cold, I had to wear my wind resistant gloves, just to drive! But ya know, it has a nice grip ...

Had to get something to warm myself up. The lady at Orient Express is so funny ... first thing out of my mouth is "it's cold out there" ... Apparently, everyone who walks in says that. Lots of people seeing movies today to escape the cold, so lots of spicy chicken to be served. She says I need spicy chicken if I'm that cold ... so of course, I obliged ... can't resist the advise of a cute asian chick! Then of course, I see hot and sour soup .... aw, I gotta have that.
But how could it be only 52 F. That's gotta be wrong. Feels more like 45 ... I think I get colder when I don't ride my bike ... if I were out on the road, I'd think this weather is toasty ... but when not riding, it's cccccold!!!!!!
2 comments:
43 degrees in the Richmond, SF. at this moment. 10:30am Sunday, 14. Pouring rain and I'm putting fenders on my citybike (mtb) As soon as it stops raining, I'll go into the Presidio for some hill jamming.
Raining? Not a drop here in Santa Clara. I might go for a short spin to grab lunch. I'm on-call, so I gotta be on a short leash in case a call comes in. I just took a quick peek outside, and it's cccccold.
Post a Comment