So I'm working with a loaner PC, because my other one seem to crap out every time the hard drive touches something. So this is actually quite hilarious.
1. PC doesn't boot. Sometimes it gets past CMOS, and actually gets to windows. Works for 10 minutes, then complete freeze. Gets so bad, then eventually, it won't even power up.
2. Hand it to IT, swap the hard drive into a different PC. Works for a day, then bring it home, then bam!!!! Same thing occurs.
3. Bring it into IT again, get a loaner laptop, while the try to repair the other PC.
4. Get my PC back, and after a few hours, it still craps out.
5. Use the loaner, and hand my PC back to IT. This time, I tell them to copy the data to a different drive.
6. Get the PC back, with bigger hard drive ... woohoo! So far, everything is working out. The fun part begins ... re-installing all the applications all over again.
7. Get home, PC still working ... hmmm, I notice something different. Oh, I know ... I am not connected to the network. Look around, where's the wireless??? Reboot the PC, then look for the wireless adapter ... not there!
Doh! If it's not one thing, it's another. Hey, at least I have my data. Do I dare hand my PC back to IT again? Maybe I should get all my data off my drive while I have the chance. lol
2 comments:
I have a Chrystal radio and a typewriter you can borrow!
Maybe you have..."Brown Thumb"
"Laptop Hard drive" sounds like something I did with my girl in high school...Hmmm miss those days!
...I'm bored can't sleep, so I figured come on your blog and rub salt in your wounds, but you know me!
Typewriter ... what's that? Chrystal radio? You mean crystal radio?
Post a Comment