Friday, November 7, 2008

Enjoyable Day after Rain Ride

So this is a little late, but I did do a ride Sunday, the day after a full day of rain in the Bay Area. Seems like a lot of people were busy that day, and some couldn't ride till late afternoon, so I decided to do a ride on my own.

Rains had subsided, and as always, the day after a downpour, there is this crispness in the air that is hard to describe.



I decided to go up Magdalena, and pass through the isolated housing community by the old rock quarries. I still think it's the cutest area.

It almost looks like it's a toy model, like when we were small, playing with lego's-like pieces. It almost didn't look real. Picture doesn't do it justice, so I made an attempt to capture it.

If I was more ambitious, I probably would have done Montebello, then Redwood Gulch, then Hwy 9 up to Saratoga Gap, but I wasn't ambitious today. Some days, you just want to sit back and enjoy the scenery. There was still the threat of rain coming back later in the afternoon, so I didn't want to go crazy. I still got in 45 miles and about 3000 feet climbing, so it wasn't a total loss.

No comments: