Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Blogging is too high tech for me ...

So I have to admit something that is really embarrassing, and it is gnawing at me. So a few of my friends (and you know who you are) are what I consider blog masters. They have motivated me to post updates to this sad excuse for a blog on a regular basis. I look at their page, and I am amazed at much more creative they are on their page than I am. One of the cool things they have on their page is a background audio track while you are viewing their page.

So I finally figured out how to put one on. One problem ... it doesn't play automatically. As you see on the right, the playlist is waiting for you to click the play button. It's not what I quite had in mind.

Oh, being the security conscious dude that I am, I installed a firefox plug-in, "NoScript". It's an add-in that prevents something called "ClickJacking", where a script is run that will run something you don't normally think you are doing. It's basically another tool to prevent someone from doing something malicious to your PC. Well, the problem with "NoScript" is that when you click the play button, it thinks there is a hidden clickjack varmant there. The only way I can click it is to disable "NoScript" ... yikes!!!!

So this is one reason why I want the playlist to play automatically. Well, after 3 hours last night of dicking around with it, I threw in the towel ... I give. My technical prowess has surrendered .... so ashamed. But then again, I never claimed to be a webified guru. I think my creativeness has left the building, and I only operate with half a brain. I ended up going to bed at 11:30 PM, just to get up at 4:45 am, to get ready for work. Man, I gotta get a life!

No comments: