Monday, April 30, 2012

#30daysofbiking is Completed

Finally, 30 straight days of biking, in one for or another, is completed.  Woohoo!  Wow, that's a good feeling finishing, all 30 days.

There were a few days where it did rain in April, but I was lucky enough to squeeze in at least a mile or two on those days where the roads were slick, and rain was still coming down.

I was able to pound out 707 miles for the month of April ... I guess riding every day does add up.  I didn't even do a century or double century this month ... imagine what it would have been like if I did DMD (yeah, like I would be able to do that?).

So have I lost weight?  Maybe a few pounds ... but I didn't gain any weight.  But what's more important is for everyone to see me on my bike, rather than in my car.  Not only is it a green way to travel, and it does save on gas, but it also shows how you don't have to have a car to get from point a to point b.  It can be done ... you just have to make the effort.


1 comment:

Hil said...

Way to go Ron! 30 straight days of cycling is impressive. I'm trying to ride my bike more. I recently downloaded Strava for my phone. I've used it on the last two rides I did. I noticed you have a cool Strava display on your blog. How do you get that on here? I tried to copy and paste mine but it doesn't work. :/