I haven't been updating my blog in a few days, and since it is pouring rain out, it's a good time to update the past few days.
Riding every day has become a challenge when mother nature is having her way. Rain is forecast from Tuesday through Friday. Since I am driving down to LA this Friday, I figured I should take my car in for my 90,000 mile servicing, so I took my folder with me, dropped off the Prius at Toyota, and bike into work from there. Short 4 mile ride, and I rode there without lights. Well, that was a little bit of a mistake. Go figure, on the day that I don't bring lights, I end up with a late day in the office. Darwin seems to be hovering over my shoulders. I ended getting out of the office around 7 pm, so I had a co-worker take me to Toyota to pick up my car. It turns out I probably could have ridden there, without lights ... better to be safe than sorry, I guess.
Day 10 had rained pretty much all day, but it wasn't raining too hard. I wasn't in the office that late, so by the time I got home, I was able to get in a short 2 mile ride to the market. I had to make some excuse to take the bike out. Yea, it was only 2 miles, but it still counts.
Day 11, there was still some remnants of the rain lingering on, but wasn't too bad. I decided to ride in, just to try to shock some folks (since the forecast was for rain throughout the day). However, there was no shock. I guess everyone is used to me biking into work, regardless of the conditions outside. So I got in an actual 12 mile day. It was a dry commute home, so I felt good about my commute this day.
As I rode home, I looked around and saw some really dark ominous clouds. Looks like we are going to get pelted again by heavy rain.
As I'm writing this, the rain stopped. Looks like I might be able to get a ride into work today after all, but looking at accuweather, it does mention thunderstorm. Eh, I think I'll drive in, then ride to starbucks tonight or something like that.

No comments:
Post a Comment