I have to admit, it can wear on you. Earlier this week, on the 23rd and 24th day of biking, I didn't really have too much motivation in the morning. I would have gone for an early morning hill climb before work, but my body wasn't having any of that, so just did a stroll into work. I did make up for it the next day by climbing Mora.
Here in the Bay Area, there was a story, covered by all the news, about two cyclists that were hit by a car, and they didn't stop. It was a hit-and-run, but all of it was on video. I am not going to post that in the blog here (you can search for it yourself on youtube), but that did inspire me to ride with excitement, and to video all my commutes. I may not be posting every ride, but I'll at least have it in case something odd or bad happens, and I can refer to it later.
This weekend, I am on call, which means I have to be close to a networked PC (I think the rule is within 20 minutes, or something like that). What this means is I can't go on a long ride. I was able to sneak in a short breakfast ride to Starbucks and back (short, meaning 3 miles). Hey, that counts.
Two more days in the 30 days of biking ... this is the first time I'll be able to accomplish this (I've tried 4 times before, and failed). It is within sight, and I think I'll be able to do it this time.
Riding every day does accumulate the mileage. At last tally, I have 663 miles for the month of April. Since I'm still on call tomorrow, I'm not sure if I'll make it to 700 miles, but that was not my goal anyhow. Filling up every day in the month with a bike ride ... now that's awesome.


No comments:
Post a Comment