After seeing all the rain, thunder and lightning on Friday, I wasn't sure if I would be able to ride on Day 14. Luckily, the rain subsided, and Day 14 was a go.
Today, I did a ride with a friend of mine who is doing Gran Fondo in October. Yes, it is 6 months away, but might as well start now. We started from Encanto Park in Duarte, and the ride would go up Altadena, then onto St. Katherine, then a bunch of junk miles through Burbank, before climbing up La Tuna Canyon on the way back.
It turned out to be a nice day. My plan was to take some videos of this day ... I made sure I charged my batteries ... but I didn't realized I had maxed out my flash drive. Ugh ... oh well, no videos today. But at least I was able to get some nice views from atop St. Katherine.
After St. Katherine, we headed over to Sun Valley to prepare for the climb up La Tuna Canyon. Only problem with this ride was not preparing for lack of water and potty stops. Luckily, there was a 7-11, just a couple miles from the start of the La Tuna Canyon climb. Was also a good opportunity for a lunch stop too.
There were a number of riders climbing La Tuna Canyon today, including one strong rider who was doing La Tuna Canyon repeats (I saw the same rider come up and down 3 times). There were also a number of Team-in-Training folks there ... I can tell, because they had a booth at the summit, with food and drinks.
From there, it was all downhill back to the start. We ended up with 65 miles, 4000 ft climbing. Day 14 is in the books.


No comments:
Post a Comment