Monday, April 16, 2012

Day 16 - Quick Ride Before Driving Home #30daysofbiking



Today is driving day, back to the Bay Area.  Had to get a quick ride in, so once again, I headed back to the Rose Bowl.  I just love the Patrician Way and Inverness-St. Katherine climbs.  They are short, but steep enough to get yourself a good workout.



I don't know why I did it, but I had both my Garmin, and my DroidX recording gps data for the ride.  After doing Patrician, and doing Inverness, and onto St. Katherine, I stopped for a breather to take in the view from above.  I paused my Droid, but then I forgot to unpause it as I continued on back to the car.  So I recorded my Droid up to St. Katherine only ... d'oh.  It was interesting that the Droid registered 80 extra feet of climbing, even though there was about 100 more feet of climbing still left to go.  Not sure which is more accurate, but since most of the data on my rides are from my Garmin, I'll use that as point of reference.


No comments: